There is a quote that is attributed to several famous thinkers: “I'm writing you a long letter because I didn't have time for a short one.” This we apply to our boats. Applied to our business, this means: a yacht must be operated intuitively and without great effort and therefore many details and processes in handling have to be reconsidered and simplified. The decades of yacht building experience of YYachts founder Michael Schmidt and his team resulted in the guiding principle of the brand: "The art is to reduce a yacht to the essentials without compromising comfort."
Every detail that is not thought through costs money and has to be serviced and, ultimately, understood in its function. We are overloaded with so many useless functions that we sometimes lose the fun of the original. A yacht should sail fast, be seaworthy and bring joy to its owner. That's why we asked ourselves how can you reduce a yacht to the essentials?
- We limit ourselves to a few sea valves that are easy to reach.
- Depending on the size of the yacht, we avoid over-hydraulic systems.
- You can set a sail on an infinite number of straighteners. But you can also simply adjust it. If you don't deal with sail profiles on a daily basis, there is a high risk that you will trim the sails.
- The lighter the yacht, the lower the righting moment and accordingly the forces on the boat. The lower forces increase the family-friendliness of the yachts.
- Halyards and sheets, all close at hand in a centralized area to make all maneuvers within reach and simple.
- Installing two motors is one of our philosophys. You have a redundant system, two engines with 2 independent alternators make it easier to fully charge your battery banks. In this respect there is the possibility that the generator is not required. Two engines make a stern thruster redundant.
- Instead of pseudo-automating the electronics down to the last detail, we prefer to network you with our engineering office so that we can provide you with advice and practical help anywhere in the world if there should be any malfunctions. Our C-Zone system built by our own electrical engineers enables ultimate customization of the electrical process at the build phase. With the C-Zone connected to a data transponder, we can fix electrical glitches remotely, wherever you are in the world.
- We concentrate all the technology in one place. This is extremely easy to maintain.
The luxury of being able to set out to sea self-sufficiently and with confidence is priceless!
At YYachts we avoid a high level of complexity and thus susceptibility and high maintenance costs. Simplicity guarantees an uncomplicated sailing experience.